Retail is our businessMacintosh Retail Group wants to offer all consumers wishing to buy shoes or home decorations a distinctive shopping experience, with a focus on convenience, service and emotion combined with familiar brands, excellent collections and customer knowledge, to exceed the expectations of customers, and to ensure customers return to one of our store formats for their next purchase.
Clear growth in turnover and higher market share at Fashion and Kwantum
Slight pressure on earnings due to Indian summer in September
- “Rebalancing for profitable growth” strategy drives strong growth in market share and 4.3% increase in turnover (+ € 6.6 million) at Fashion core1.
- Online growth in turnover at Fashion NL significantly better than market.
- € 1.5 million increase in operating EBIT at Fashion core in July/August more than cancelled out by € 3.3 million drop in September.
- Strong improvement at Kwantum thanks to 12.1% (+ € 4.7 million) rise in core1 turnover and € 1.5 million increase in operating EBIT.
- Total operating EBIT Macintosh for Q3 (- € 3.2 million) nearly the same as in Q3 2013.
1. “Core” refers to the strategic stores specified in “Rebalancing for profitable growth” strategy plus online and cross-channel.