- Jones Bootmaker in exclusive British department store
- Pilot in 2 shops with a possible rollout to approximately 30
- In line with Macintosh's cross-channel strategy
- Market conditions continue to be poor.
- Turnover of Fashion equal; turnover of Living down.
- Q3 operating result down, but markedly positive.
TOUGH FIRST HALF YEAR
- Turnover from comparable Fashion activities up € 8.4 million (+ 3.1%); EBIT at € 2.3 million.
- Turnover from new Fashion activities at € 45.6 million; EBIT at - € 8.2 million.
- Profitable 70% increase in online turnover Fashion to € 11.3 million.
- EBIT Living down € 1.5 million to € 2.9 million at € 7.8 million lower turnover.
- H2 has much greater impact on year result due to focus on Fashion.
- No statement for 2012.
Pick up, try on and return online orders free of charge at 500 shops
In September 2011, Macintosh Retail Group NV launched a new web shop for shoe lovers called Intreza.nl. Intreza is now taking online shopping to a higher cross channel level. In collaboration with Dolcis, Manfield, Scapino, Invito, PRO 0031 and Steve Madden, Intreza is introducing a new service: Intreza Shoepoints. Starting 1 August, you can shop online and pick up your order free of charge at any of the 500 affiliated shops. Other services offered by Intreza Shoepoints are fitting, both style and personal advice, as well as free returns.
Huge boost in range of sports brands following the launch of Aktiesport Shop-in-Shops format at Scapino stores.
The opening of the initial range of Aktiesport Shop in Shops (SIS) at Scapino in May 2012 will kick off the strategic collaboration between the two parties. This collaboration is aimed at making the stores more attractive to consumers, at the same time using the available floor space in a more profitable manner. Following this first step, the new format will be rolled out in a larger number of Scapino stores. The roll-out is intended to be completed by the end of 2013.
Part of the Annual Report is the section “More sustainable step by step”, setting out the policy, the major developments in 2011 and ambitions for 2012 in relation to sustainable business practices, based on Macintosh Retail Group’s retail model in Fashion. The Annual Report has been prepared in accordance with the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) 3.0.
- Turnover + 6.3% following acquisition of Jones Bootmaker in April 2011.
- Online turnover up by almost 40% to € 25.1 million.
- EBIT € 31.6 million (2010: € 44.6 million), excluding non-recurring effects amounting to - € 4.0 million.
- Net profit more than doubles to € 98.8 million.
- Extra dividend of € 0.37; total dividend higher: € 0,70 (2010: € 0.67)
- Net debt improves by € 61.7 million to € 39.5 million; financial position excellent.
- No statement on expected turnover or results for 2012.